Fall is upon us! It is here and more beautiful than ever. 🍁
I grew up in Hawaii where really, there is only one “season” all year round. I loved it! Sunshine and a beautiful beachy breeze . . . So really, I never understood what the big deal about fall was. But NOW I live in Kansas City, Missouri, and I must say, we have the most beautiful autumn!
The colors of the leaves changing are the deepest reds, plum, golds, yellows, and magnificent shades of orange. There are mums on almost every doorstep; everyone bundles up with cozy blankets, lights the candles, serves hot soup, and of course, the baking begins!
I saw a picture of White Chocolate Pumpkin Biscottis and instantly wanted to bake them! I am by no means a great baker, so I was a little nervous to try my hand at it. To my surprise, these are very easy to make! My husband and I both love coffee and loose leaf tea, and these biscottis pair divinely.
So let’s get into it!
White Chocolate Pumpkin BIscottis
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar plus 1 Tbsp
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and cream.
- Add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree, and combine.
- Add flour and combine. Fold in pepitas.
- Place dough on baking sheet and shape into a rectangle about 1/2-inch thick. Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until dough is firm; let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice the dough; place the cut side up and bake for 15 minutes. Flip the biscotti over and bake another 15 minutes. Then remove and let cool.
- Combine white chocolate chips and coconut oil, and place in microwave at 30-second intervals stirring in between.
- Dip the bottom of the biscotti in the white chocolate and place on baking sheet. Refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!