We’re this close to fall, which I know many of you are excited about. There’s just something about the rich colors of fall, its crispy air, and the promise of the coming holidays that makes fall one of the most wonderful times of the year.
There’s only one problem: what to do with all those cute summer dresses? Do you really have to pack them away for another year? The answer is . . . no! Many of the outfits you wore this summer can be used as season-transitional pieces.
Here are a few tips for extending your summer pieces into the fall:
1. Wear tights under a summer dress.
2. Pull out the denim! Jean fabric pairs perfectly with all manner of fall colors, fabrics, and accessories.
3. Add a scarf to your ensemble.
4. Wear a blazer or cardigan over a summer dress.
5. Change your shoes! Pointed heels, boots, booties . . . Pretty much anything close-toed will work for cooler fall weather, and the right choice of shoes can often transform a summer outfit into something autumn-friendly.
6. Layer, layer, layer!
One of my favorite Dainty Jewell’s season-transition dresses is the Sunshine and Sweet Tea dress. You can add a scarf, tights, or boots for a variety of options that’ll make your dress sing for fall. Camel, nudes, and browns are beautiful with anything jean. I’m wearing wedges in this recent photo shoot at Draper James in Nashville, but this dress is adorable with booties, too.
For my hair, I pulled loose curls back into a low bun to create an elegant, rustic look. All that’s missing is a pumpkin spice latte!
Do you have any season-transitional fashion tips? Let me know in the comments below!