There has been an abundance of fresh peaches at the grocery store the last couple of weeks and I couldn’t resist snatching a few! The peaches were delightful on their own but I’m a baker so I wanted to find a concoction to bring out the sweet flavor of this summer delicacy.
Pair this dish with a fresh cup of coffee for a relaxing morning breakfast or add a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for a tasty dessert after a family barbecue. Either way – you can’t go wrong with this warm, crisp, flavorful dish!
YIELD: 6-8 SERVINGS
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 stick of butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and peel the peaches. Remove the pits and slice the peaches into thin slices.
- Line the peach slices in the bottom of a greased 9″ X 13″ pan.
- Sprinkle all of the ingredients required for the filling on top of the peaches.
- In a medium bowl, combine the topping flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and use your fingers to rub it into the flour mixture until if resembles wet sand.
- Spread the topping onto the peach mixture, covering the peaches entirely.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden.
- Remove to cool momentarily. Serve warm and enjoy!